Which Dvd Burner?

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hey could anyone suggest a good budget DVD burner that could burn Dual layer DVDs? I have the NEC models in mind for example.

JAN :)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yeah thanx for the suggestion! You rock!

Ahah thanx for the suggestion man. You rock. I need no furtherhelp.

da_ezman

When I shop for anything computer, I ALWAYS check out Pricewatch.
Do a search for DVD burners and it will arrange them from lowest cost on up. I would suggest getting a +-DVDR, dual format. More flexibility. Prices have come WAY down too.
Good luck.

:cool:

davet

dvd writer

jancz3rt said:
Hey could anyone suggest a good budget DVD burner that could burn Dual layer DVDs? I have the NEC models in mind for example.

go for the lg gva 4160b it 16x. it takes 8.4 g disksand ram. :) :cool:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
WHOA. FULL STOP.
LG is NOT a brand known for their performance/features (or in my case with several toasted LG drives), endurance. There's a reason OEM companies ship their towers with LG/Phillips/HP/Older-NEC drives -- they're cheap -- not cheap and good -- just cheap. :)

Nephilim

VIP Member
Agreed, LG is a make to steer clear of. Optorite is another one to avoid.

The Pioneer 108 is about as good as it gets for DL burners :)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
So Lg Is A No No

So i see that LG is not getting any good word down here. My friend is having triouble with the LG 16x DVD burner...and will return it. It simply fails every other dvd! Anyway thanx for the suggestions and I MUST DECLARE THAT THE PIONEER 108 is the CLEAR WINNER HERE :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
LG makes good drives -- while they work (and of course this is a within-class comparison). It used to be a valid thing to go for "best bang for buck" with optical drives but since all the other drives (with the exception of plextor and some) are cheap that doesnt work anymore.

The main flaw with LG is lack of features (compared to competitors within the class/price) but eve more so, a lack of endurance on the drives :)