Which Graphics card to Buy

bloggs

I have a XP Packard Bell 256MB Pc, It doesn't have a graphics card, and i want to get one so i have better resolution for my Digital Camera Pictures.
Can anyone suggest a good but cheap one?

Bobo

banned
bloggs said:
I have a XP Packard Bell 256MB Pc, It doesn't have a graphics card, and i want to get one so i have better resolution for my Digital Camera Pictures.

First of all, what model of computer? What year? I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have an agp slot

If you can find it, what agp speed? Or is it pci?

Budget?

mgoldb2

VIP Member
bloggs said:

better resoulotion? I would think with no graphic card all you getting is a black screen :p

SlothX311

no graphics card as in he has integrated video :p ........ go with sumthing low grade if all you want it for is to view pictures at a better resolution...you'll save lots o $ :D

mgoldb2

VIP Member
I am not sure upgrading the graphic card will help view pictures. That has more to do with the quailty the pic was taken and the resouloution of your computer. Usually the resoultion is limited by the monitor not the graphic card.

Echo_

maybe he can only have it at 800x600 or even worse 600x480 so the pictures are gonna be huge so he wants a bigger size res

Yeti

VIP Member
maybe he can only have it at 800x600 or even worse 600x480 so the pictures are gonna be huge so he wants a bigger size res
Hmmm... VGA and SVGA. Thats pretty old :). Anyway, even a cheap Radeon 7000 can put out a res of 2048x1536 which is more than the max of 19" CRT monitors, so really most any new graphics card will be fine, the monitor will most likely be the limiting factor for resolution.

Bobo

banned
Echo_ said:

I doubt that, even my granma's PB '95 could do 1024x768

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I would definatly say that built in video is just fine for viewing pictures most machines allow for a high enough resolution and if your not capable of setting a decent resolution then you might think about checking installed drivers.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Just wondering are you interested in doing photo editing? or just looking at pics? hmmm either way I would suggest you also look at your monitor as far as quality goes and "Color Correct!" everyone I know has not a clue as to color correction and yet everyone of them are into PC games and one or two into photo editing.