Which is better for gaming?

scarecrowe76

I am new to building but trying my hand at it :eek: . I was wondering which would be better for a gaming machine, the Intel or the AMD64 :confused: . If I go with Intel I am looking at getting at least a 3.0 GHz. I am not real familiar with AMD so I don't know really which speed would be comparible.

Any suggestions would be helpful. :eek:

kopanowsall

scarecrowe76 said:
I am new to building but trying my hand at it :eek: . I was wondering which would be better for a gaming machine, the Intel or the AMD64 :confused: . If I go with Intel I am looking at getting at least a 3.0 GHz. I am not real familiar with AMD so I don't know really which speed would be comparible.

Any suggestions would be helpful. :eek:

Fire

I just got a AMD64 3200+ in my opion for gaming AMD is way better! Most Intels are 32 bit and to get 3.0ghz is like 220$ 64 Bit is the new technology go with that!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I just got a AMD64 3200+ in my opion for gaming AMD is way better! Most Intels are 32 bit and to get 3.0ghz is like 220$ 64 Bit is the new technology go with that!
AMD gets my vote but not for the 64bit thing since really theres only one common game that runs in 64bit mode (FarCry). The performance advantage comes from the on-die memory controller

If I go with Intel I am looking at getting at least a 3.0 GHz. I am not real familiar with AMD so I don't know really which speed would be comparible.
The P4C-3.0 or the P4E-3.2 would be good choices for Intel. Match it up with a nice Dual Channel capable mobo and video card and you're set. If you go AMD64 then make sure its a 3500, 3800 or 4000 or one of the FX series since the other ones dont have a dual channel memory controller and run on a slower hypertransport :)