Which is Better Ram

push_88

Which Ram will have better performance 1 512MB CORSAIR XMS3200LL (LOW LATENCY) OR 2 Generic 512MB RAM 3200 IN A DUAL-CHANNEL MOTHERBOARD. The motherboard is a Socket 939 ASUS A8V-DELUXE K8T800PRO WITH A AMD 64 3000

smitherz

i would go for 512MB CORSAIR XMS3200LL rather than some generic RAM, well thats my call other people do think different but you get what you pay for with Corsair.

smitherz

kof2000

if the LL IS CAS2 AND THE TWO GENERIC ONES ARE CAS2.5 THAN I WOULD GO WITH THE LATTER. OTHER THAN that i will go with the LL.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Corsair = overpriced and Generic = variable performance

I'd go with a more priceworthy brand...OCZ, Ultra, PQI, Mushkin...there's more.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Socket 939 ASUS A8V-DELUXE K8T800PRO
Is this Rev1 or Rev2?

Corsair = overpriced and Generic = variable performance
Hardly. Samsung 500-TCCDs are nothing to shy from -- especially when all (or most) of the makes uve named use the same TCCDs

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
Hardly. Samsung 500-TCCDs are nothing to shy from -- especially when all (or most) of the makes uve named use the same TCCDs

OCZ/PQI/Mushkin all use different chips i thought. at least the reviews i read said they did. for the price corsair gives them...i think you could save $30 with one of those brands (unless there on sale.)

push_88

Does anyone know a website which can show the performance of the CORSAIR XMS3200LL (LOW LATENCY) vs other brands