which is better!?!

ThePCmaN

which of these Socket 754 Motherboards are better?!

Asus K8V SE Deluxe or MSI K8N Neo Platinum

please explain why.. thanks!!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Both.

The MSI because it offers the same core features, is more visually appealing (to some) and at a lower price.

The ASUS because they've been at the game a lot longer than MSI, the board doesnt have wierd issues with JEDEC memory specs like MSI (for better or worse, shouldnt affect 99.999999% people) and isnt much more expensive than the MSI. ALso has potential for onboard WIFI

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Flip a coin ... doesnt really matter that much! (now if you were tossing around between the Socket939s ... thats a different story). The deciding factor should prolly be whether to go K8T800 or NF3-250 rather than ASUS/MSI :)

ThePCmaN

well.. i think im gonna have to change my WHOLE plan.. due to lack of funds! :( :mad: .. so i dunno !! i might end up buildin a XP 3200+ machine and OC it a bit.. because the other stuff is breakin me down!! so imma build a differ one.. then imma try and build the 64bit later days!! when i get my lazy ass a job!! so there are many of ideas runnin through my head!! its CRAZY :eek: !!!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Um ... the socket 754s arent that much more expensive than the A32s ... maybe $100 more ... and for the perf. improvement, a worthy investment IMHO

ThePCmaN

well.. i just got a AMD Athlon XP 3200+ for a good price.. and the AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Clawhammer (the CPU i was planning on getting) is $300, which is ALOT more than what i paid for the XP 3200+.. and the XP 3200+ setup im buildin will read dual channel RAM!! and i just kinda wanted a decent PC that i can OC a tad bit, and run games smoothly... im gonna be playin mainly CS:S and DoD:S when it comes out.. which is said to be better on ATI cards.. and im gettin a ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB GFx Card, so that works out perfectly.. i think that should run those 2 pretty nicely!! read the sig.. thats what i plan on buildin!! i think it sounds pretty solid.. dont you?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i think it sounds pretty solid.. dont you?
My honest opinion? The money spent on the 9800XT+MOBO+A32 could have been easily spread to a Socket 754 which will outperform -- dual channel or not -- the A32s :) But whatever makes you happy

ThePCmaN

well yea.. but u gotta think of the other stuff i gotta buy.. after i spend the money on the MoBo and the CPU.. then i gotta buy RAM, and a GFx Card and a HD, and the DVD-RW, Thermal Display.. cuz i was gonna get the nVidia GeForce 6800 GT 256MB.. but the system i was gonna build was WAAYY more expensive.. trust me!! maybe ill hit the Socket939 after a lil bit.. hell i dunno, i might end up changin my mind again, LOL!! and go with the Socket 754!! im soo lost.. i just wanna build 2 PCs... haha

ThePCmaN

my own Pocket.. without a job..LoL!!! so whatever money i get.. goes to my computer!! i really need to get up off my lazy ass and go get a job!! i just want to build both rigs!!