Which Plextor ?

sumik

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Um...hmm... That's a tough one because the specs and all seem identical(excpet for one being slightly faster) I'd just grab which ever you could find cheapest.

However... I have a couple questions for YOU! First off, why are you getting SATA? I've yet to see a motherboard that doesn't have at least one IDE channel. And also, CD-ROM's typcially run at ATA-33, sometimes ATA-66. In other words, they don't even max out IDE speeds, so why spend the extra for a SATA drive? You won't see any performace difference what so ever. Finally, Plextor is a great brand and all, but you can find other drives that are just as good for next to nothing. A good NEC drive goes for around $40. I've had one NEC drive for around 3 years and it's been wonderful, and my newest addition(same specs but with DVD-RAM compatability) seems to be just as good.

sumik

Well u know what, I just wanted to get a good DVD cuz my current Benq Lightscribe that I bought when it came out is just bad. It doesn't read all, sometimes if crashes while reading. And I spent $100 on it. So u know I just want to buy good DVD that has good ratings and not worry anymore.