Which speakers? And will they do what I want (in gaming)?

Jon Boy

Ok pretty much I'm looking to get a 5.1 system for my computer. Looking on the rear of my computer I have like 6 audio input thingies of all different colours. From reading that stickied thread. I am assuming this is 7.1 as apparently some speakers share cables or something like that. If not its still enough holes for 5.1 lol.

Well I want these for one sole purpose and I am assuming its possible. On COD4 I am fed up of hearing footsteps in my stereo speakers and they sound as if they are coming from the wrong direction. I turn to it then get stabbed in the back.

On a 5.1 system will I be able to tell which direction they are coming from? Also this is confusing me it seems on the videos advertising the speakers. Only 1 lead comes from the sub into the PC, if this is the case I cant see how such a signal could be sent.

Is what I'm asking for even possible?

And whats the difference between these two (excluding power output). Is the £98 one worth the extra £50?

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/133295
and
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/120414

Tuffie

If the reason your getting new sound is because your sound is no good for gaming you should get a quality pair of headphones.

I'm not saying sennheiser's but yeah, headphones are for gaming lol.

Tuffie.

Jon Boy

If the reason your getting new sound is because your sound is no good for gaming you should get a quality pair of headphones.

I'm not saying sennheiser's but yeah, headphones are for gaming lol.

Tuffie.
I have a decent pair of headphones I want speakers lol. And surround sound headphones are a waste of money as no one else gets to hear.

Jon Boy

Ohh God Dammit .... I just bought some surround sound headphones (you have a bad influence on me). If thats not enough I got a keyboard as well lol.

MosIncredible

The fact that Logitech has become a standard for computer audio is hilarious. If real audio companies made half an effort to make PC speakers, Logitech would lose it's PC audio consumers.

Candy

Yeah Logitech definitely have a great range. It just depends on how much u got to spend.

shenry

Looking on the rear of my computer I have like 6 audio input thingies of all different colours. From reading that stickied thread. I am assuming this is 7.1 as apparently some speakers share cables or something like that. If not its still enough holes for 5.1 lol.

You only need four "audio input thinge's" for 7.1 surround sound. You have 2 speakers on each channel. The other two would be for Line in and Mic. :)

If I were you I would get the X-540's. Unless you are really into sound or don't like the look of them. Plus you save some money to buy something else you want.

EDIT: Just saw you bought some headphones. Oh well.

jamesy

If you have the money for the G51 get them. They are worth it. The X-540's are good too, but they are just X-530's with a remote (looks like a pretty poor quality remote too).

I have the x-540's. I have not seen any bad review on them besides the cords and shortness of them. I have not tried them yet, waiting for the m15x to arrive. The seem like a good buy to me, less than $80 for a set of 5.1 speakers with a subwoofer.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
The G51 set supposedly has a lower response frequency, down to 36hz, while the other woofer goes down to 40hz. Other than that, the specs looks pretty much equal.