Which speakers?

FCkilleR

I am ordering my Audigy2 ZS Gamer soundblaster PCI soundcard and my new computer speakers tonight. I am honestly not sure which speakers to buy after reading reviews and researching. I listen to a lot of music (almost all rock) and I play many FPS. I am stuck between ordering the Logitech THX Z-5300e 280 Watts RMS 5.1 Speakers and the Logitech Z-2300 200 watts RMS 2.1 Speakers.
The z-5300e's are 83 dollars after the $50 mail-in-rebate and the z-2300's are 103. The price difference isn't at all important to me I just want the better quality/better sounding speaker set for my room. Also, i'm not sure if one set works better with the Audigy sound card. I have heard good things in the reviews about both speaker sets but I can't conjure up enough information to decide by myself. Any suggestions and or questions are greatly apprieciated :) -Alex

Qlutch

Well I would definately go with the Z-5300e's. This is a 5.1 speaker system which means you'll be able to have surround sound, rather than just two speakers and a subwoofter with the Z-2300's. Also, the Z-5300e's have a higher wattage rating.

FCkilleR

Thanks guys! Last night I bought the Sound card and the Z-5300e's. I can't wait for the system and card to come considering i'm using my onboard sound and a really old pair of altec lansing speakers with no woofer :eek: . I'm sure i'll be amazed at the improved sound quality.

spacedude89

hmm, id return the logitecs and get the altec lansing mx-5021's, they are the best 2.1 speakers out right now