• A640 - $349

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • S3 IS - $398

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

Geoff

VIP Member
I went with the Canon S3-IS.

They had it at staples for $369 after $30 instant savings, so I decided to get it there. I havent used it much, but so far it seems like an excellent camera!

Geoff

VIP Member
Noooooooo!

I know you wanted me to get the other one, but I really love how this is 6MP, 12x optical zoom, optical image stabilizer, uses an SD card, uses AA batteries, and just overall how Canon prints look.

I'll post some pics when I take some good ones, hopefully tonight.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Yup, but you really shouldn't be aginst them. Typically they can last longer than typical batteries. Both per charge their and overall life. They also tend to weigh less...but the FZ20 isn't exactly a light camera. The lens weighs a ton :p

Geoff

VIP Member
Yup, but you really shouldn't be aginst them. Typically they can last longer than typical batteries. Both per charge their and overall life. They also tend to weigh less...but the FZ20 isn't exactly a light camera. The lens weighs a ton :p

I know they tend to last longer then traditional batteries, but once you charge it up so many times you need to replace them, and they can be costly.

Also, what happens if you bring your camera someplace and realize you forgot the charger at home?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I purchased another battery for mine which cost about $15 shipped. As for forgetting the charger, you could get an AC addaptor :p Though, I've never tried to see if it'll charge.

Geoff

VIP Member
I purchased another battery for mine which cost about $15 shipped. As for forgetting the charger, you could get an AC addaptor :p Though, I've never tried to see if it'll charge.

I'll stick with my AA batteries that take ~550 shots per charge :)