Why are my games so laggy?

i have a 1mb bt broadband connection. When i got it i was thinking that i could play my fav online games (battlefield vietnam and counterstrike) but both run very very laggy. What the hell is wrong.

b3n

VIP Member
If its lags offline, it means your system is not superior enough. Not your connection.

thankyou for the replies, no my computer is of good spec the games run fine offline but r very laggy online. ive got amd athlon 2600 128mb geforce 4 mmx 440, 512 mb ram,

ZER0X

VIP Member
junglist_soldier said:
thankyou for the replies, no my computer is of good spec the games run fine offline but r very laggy online. ive got amd athlon 2600 128mb geforce 4 mmx 440, 512 mb ram,

Well with those specs it shouldn't hang offline then :) hmmn have you tried the normal scan for Viruses and Spyware?

yep got norton and an ad aware program. it really annoying i remeber my 56k didnt lag this much should i contact bt. Downloading files is fine as well as surfing it just online games.thx for the help:) :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
your sure your connectd to a GOOD server with less than 16 peeps on it. i mean 1 56K connector can ruin an entire server. u have latest updates your your modem right?

ZER0X

VIP Member
4W4K3 said:
your sure your connectd to a GOOD server with less than 16 peeps on it. i mean 1 56K connector can ruin an entire server. u have latest updates your your modem right?

He has a 1mb broadband connection, not 56k :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
ZER0X said:
He has a 1mb broadband connection, not 56k :)

no...it doesnt matter if he has T3. if he gets on a server with other 56K players....it will lag like a mother. get what im saying?

ye i got 1mb wen i use to have my 56k it werent as laggy as it was now. I connect to servers with low ping and with not many player 10-12 usually and it still laggy. Gona contact bt coz dis just aint rite

ZER0X

VIP Member
4W4K3 said:
no...it doesnt matter if he has T3. if he gets on a server with other 56K players....it will lag like a mother. get what im saying?

Oh right gotchya...don't connect to any Dial-ups

ye i got 1mb wen i use to have my 56k it werent as laggy as it was now. I connect to servers with low ping and with not many player 10-12 usually and it still laggy. Gona contact bt coz dis just aint rite

Hmm it isn't right is it.... :confused: I'm confused :eek: