will DVD+R discs work on my DVD Player

baseballplayer217

i tried finding my owners manual to my dvd player and couldnt. i was just wondering for the most part are you guys finding that dvd+r disc work on most of the dvd players out there today i have a sony DVP-NS315 dvd player its a few years old. i really dont want to buy some discs and have them be no good to me or if dvd+r wont read on my player which ones will? or any disc will work its just how you burn them? i will mainly be burning movies

i have a 8X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double layer DVD+R write capability

ckfordy

banned
baseballplayer217 said:
i tried finding my owners manual to my dvd player and couldnt. i was just wondering for the most part are you guys finding that dvd+r disc work on most of the dvd players out there today i have a sony DVP-NS315 dvd player its a few years old. i really dont want to buy some discs and have them be no good to me or if dvd+r wont read on my player which ones will? or any disc will work its just how you burn them? i will mainly be burning movies

i have a 8X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double layer DVD+R write capability

the DVD+R disks will work with your dvd burner

Super_Nova

It honestly depends on your DVD player and how the DVD is made. More than likely on a newer player it probably will. But the only way to know for sure is try it.

Use DVD Shrink and IMGToolBurn to copy DVD's. You have to have Nero installed for IMGToolBurn to work. Usually this method will play. My parents have an old RCA that won't even play burned CD's but will usually play any burned DVD I try on it.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i really dont want to buy some discs and have them be no good to me or if dvd+r wont read on my player which ones will?
To be absolutely safe, buy 1 DVD+R and 1 DVD-R and try it out ... since you have an older player, try DVD-R... they are generally more compatible with the older drives (since the DVD-R spec came out first). Of course with DVD+R discs, there are techniques that allow you to 'trick' players into interpreting it as different types of media/books

the DVD+R disks will work with your dvd burner
The question was for the dvd player :)