Will i need a cd burner if i have a DVD burner?

GimpsGTP

Just like it says above, if i get a DVD burner does that also burn cds, there for elimiinating the need for a cd burner>
Nick

ZER0X

VIP Member
GimpsGTP said:
Just like it says above, if i get a DVD burner does that also burn cds, there for elimiinating the need for a cd burner>
Nick

Yes if you have a DVD Burner it will burn cd's :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Will I need a cd burner if I have a DVD burner?
Depends on what you want to do. In most cases you wont need one. If say, you are doing stuff that requires 2-sheep burners and you are running a non-2-sheep-DVD-cdburner then you'll be SOL. Now if you dont KNOW what 2-sheep is and stuff like that then odds are you wont be needing such a fancy DVD burner ... so like i said, for most people, they wont need a dedicated CDburner if they have a DVD burner :)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
My question is:

what exactly is a 2-sheep DVD/cd burner ??

does it allow you to bypass the safedisc and SecuRom encryption ....

... or does that kind of burner ALLOW you TO encrypt your data so it can not be pirated?

ehh... I dont always like when people ask questions that could be answered through a little google-research... so hmm.. lets see if I can answer my own question....

...nahh.. I asked the question.. I'll wait for the answer :eek:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
what exactly is a 2-sheep DVD/cd burner ??
does it allow you to bypass the safedisc and SecuRom encryption ....
Nothing truely allows you to bypass the protection (note the use of wording). It does however allow you to properly process SD protection(amoung others, not so for SecureROM though). You will definitely need a 2hseeper if you want to backup anything past SD2.4. To actually answer your question, 2-sheepers are drives that do proper EFM ALL THE TIME, 1sheepers only get it proper MOST OF THE TIME :)