Will Windows allow me to...

TheChef

I think while I was installing the latest version of Linux I overwrote the Windows partition of my HDD. Now that I'm reinstalling it, I have to register it on the phone or online, so I have to use my Product Key. I have already registered this version of Windows once, so will Microsoft allow me to register it again. Won't they think I'm pirating it? :eek: I really dont want to spend another 90 bucks.

Verrona

No u wont have 2 pay anymore money! I have done wot u done a few months ago. Just type in ur product key and u'll b fine honestly.

Dont worry

SFR

Truth fears no questions
...Don't you just LOVE MICROSOFT and their lovely activation #@$@ !?!

The other replys are 100% correct.

As long as you are installing Windows (or any of there OFFICE apps) on the SAME hardware (IE the same computer) you can REinstall them AS MANY TIMES as u like. (but dont lose the product key!)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
yes you would..

microsoft uses your HARDWARE as identification...

every computer has a MAC address which, through the internet, identifies your computer (physical / hardware) .... that is how, through the internet, Microsoft activates your software... if you call them they probably ask questions and more questions....

...but..... to answer your question NO

if Microsoft did their job correctly (and you and I know they dont 100% of the time...)...

NO... it shouldnt work on another comp