win 2000 drivers for MB ASUS M2N-SL1

Roy Rogers

I installed a new board and reloaded win XP but I have programs and hardware that require an earlier version of windows. I would like to dual boot with XP and Win 2000 but the disk supplied had no win 2000 drivers. I could not find any at the ASUS page. any suggestions?

Intel_man

VIP Member
Windows XP can run Windows 2000 software so I don't know why you would want to dual boot them.

Also, Windows 2000 has been discontinued off of their support for 3 years now...

StrangleHold

Staff member
What doesnt run on XP that runs on 2000?

Asus has the 2000/XP audio drivers. Nvidia has the 2000/XP chipset drivers and includes the Lan drivers.

Michael

For software; simply run the program(s) that require Windows 2000 in 'compatibility mode', shown here.

I've gotten away with using this method with older games that I originally bought for Windows 95/98 :)

-Michael

Roy Rogers

My old Epson perfection 1640 SU scanner software doesn't work in win XP. Updates do not provide the same features as the original. I like the results I get with this scanner and prefer to use it even though I have two new all in one units. I'd like to dual boot if possible. I'm very much into graphic design and have grown used to the old epson.

Michael

My old Epson perfection 1640 SU scanner software doesn't work in win XP. Updates do not provide the same features as the original. I like the results I get with this scanner and prefer to use it even though I have two new all in one units. I'd like to dual boot if possible. I'm very much into graphic design and have grown used to the old epson.

I suggest trying to install the updated driver, then install the Scan Utility for Windows 2000 on Windows XP under compatibility mode:

Right click the scan utility installation file -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Windows 2000 -> Apply/OK)

Then, once installed, run the program in compatibility mode:

Find the files' .exe/run file (listed in Start -> All Programs -> Epson...), right click it -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Windows 2000 -> Apply/OK

See if that works for you. If it does, it should provide you with the updated driver, and the same scanning application you're used to.

-Michael

PS: You can find the updated driver here.