Win 7 Build Under $500, Help!

MangoTangoFox

New Member
I have tried multiple times to make a nice build for a maximum of $500.
But I need advice of more experienced people.
I already have the HDD and I am going to be running Win 7.
I have a friend who can give me either version of Win 7, so please recommend what bit I should get. And no they aren't illegal versions.
My use for the computer is mainly just multitasking and running free online games, nothing disc based so the graphics card doesn't have to be too amazing.

MUST:
~All components be from NewEgg
~Graphics Card must have VGA and DVI outs with Dual Monitor Support
~Under $500
~Including these components:
CPU
PSU
Graphics Card
Case (CM 690 (RA 690) Preferred)
Inexpensive but good Heatsink if the stock is not sufficient
RAM
MoBo

Ask any questions you want and thank you to all who contribute advice.
 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137 (CM 690)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128392 (GA-MA770T-UD3P - Motherboard)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161287 (Radeon HD 4670)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139003 (Corsair 450W)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277 (G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103680 (AMD Phenom II x2 550 Black Edition)


You don't need a CD/DVD Reader and Burner?
The stock heatsink should suffice, unless you are doing some significant overclocking. Are you planning to OC?
 
Wow Thanx~ :D

I have a CD/DVD Burner already, forgot to mention that.
And if I do OC, it should only be very slightly, manly depending on the difficulty of the process.
 
Wow Thanx~ :D

I have a CD/DVD Burner already, forgot to mention that.
And if I do OC, it should only be very slightly, manly depending on the difficulty of the process.

It's really quite easy. Just don't get carried away :D A tip for OCing, ALWAYS keep your eyes on the temps, well... until it hits a stable load temp :rolleyes:.


***EDIT***
Don't let it get past 70C or yer screwed. :P
 
Last edited:
I saw in the reviews of the CPU, how do you unlock the 2 extra cores?

You go into the BIOS, then in the MIT (or something, can't remember), search around it, the BIOS is interesting to explore in itself. Then you go to ACC (Advanced Clock Calibration), change Normal firmware to Hybrid, then you save and exit.
 
Back
Top