Win Xp 64 Bit!

Fire

How do you install it? do you first put in the normal XP and then download that and it covers it?!?! I just ordered the new parts of my comp including a AMD 3200+!

smadge

yes. at least i think so because they advertise as "the only windows compatible proccesser"

4W4K3

VIP Member
Fire said:
so i can run normal Windows XP?

it;s the only thing you can run on it right now. its compatible with 32 bit AND 64 bit (when it comes out) so you're god to go on XP.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
yup it of course works with the 32 bit version of windows and when 64 bit windows is released your set just as 4W4K3 said :).. I've read that the beta version of 64 bit windows sux hard for gaming.. LOL.. so if you like games dont use it.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Blue said:
I've read that the beta version of 64 bit windows sux hard for gaming.. LOL.. so if you like games dont use it.

Same here, it's not fully compatible with lts of games and can give you errors out the butt. I would just try it out to see how functional it is and what speed gains you get. Most people are just waiting for the official release though.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I've read that the beta version of 64 bit windows sux hard for gaming.. LOL.. so if you like games dont use it.
Well i dunno how you're gonna run FarCry in 64bit mode without it :p