win xp pro startup problem

sinister

My profile in win xp pro is loading very slow and when I log off and log on again it says: Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.

DETAIL - Not enough storage is available to process this command.

It started when I changed sound card.
I have Tune Up utility and I done all maintain (registry clean, missing files fix, applications fix) but it didn´t solved anything :confused:

Please help

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Sounds like a corrupt user profile...Go to Control Panel / User Profiles and try to modify your profile. WinXP should rebuild it and after a restart it would be ok.

sinister

I tryed to change my profile to limited account and it didn't start. When I changed it back the problem was the same. Is that any way to reset profile settings to default? And what settings can be stored in profile anyway?

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Try to create a new account with administrative rights and see if you can log on with it.

sinister

Yes I can do that, I can make a new profile and delete the old, but I wanted to save my old profile because windows is storeing old folders which cannot be deleted and I don't want more disorder in documents and settings folder. On the other hand if there is no solution I will do that. But I still wonder why is that happening.

Thanx for your time

Regards