Win2000/XP and PCChips M811

meyerdn

I decided to upgrade a very reliable overclocked PIII 733 with a new MoBo and CPU combo: PCChips m811 and AMD 2000+. Upon doing so, I updated the BIOS on the mainboard, got a fresh harddrive, and proceeded to load WinXP. I can get the installer to load, but then it just hangs or I get a blue screen telling me to update my BIOS or disable any BIOS cache or shadowing. Strangely enough, I can get Win98SE and ME to load perfectly, but not 2K or XP, both hang or give me a problem screen. Any suggestions on how I can get XP loaded on this board? Here's a list of all components:
MoBo - PCChips M811 with VIA KT266A North Bridge and VT8233C South Bridge, AMD 2000 1.6gHz, GForce2 32Mb 2XAGP, 512Mb Samsung 2100DDR, On-board LAN and Audio, 120Gb Maxtor system drive, Adaptec UW2940 with 3 17Gb Cheetah's. Thanks for your help!!
Don

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
PCChips m811 and AMD 2000+.
Got a link for that mobo?

but then it just hangs or I get a blue screen telling me to update my BIOS or disable any BIOS cache or shadowing. Strangely enough, I can get Win98SE and ME to load perfectly, but not 2K or XP, both hang or give me a problem screen. Any suggestions on how I can get XP loaded on this board? Here's a list of all components:
1. Try disbling the shadowing ... doesnt do much anyways
2. Try resetting the BIOS settings to failsafe :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
DAMN ... seems like you did a clean job of covering your bases ... have you tried W98 --> W2K/WXP via upgrade? (if not i think it might be time for a new board but we'll not give up yet)