Windows 10 cannot be intalled

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
We need more info. Is it a GPT or MBR partition? Where are you trying to install it to? Is the partition big enough? You need an empty partition to install it to.

beers

Staff member
I'd use Hiren's or something and run a hard drive test that shows you SMART values, kind of like the Seagate Seatools one.

That will tell you more as to 'why' the system believes your drive to be failing. If you're getting those alerts now it's probably a good idea to replace the hard drive anyway.

Lm90Rfgb

We need more info. Is it a GPT or MBR partition? Where are you trying to install it to? Is the partition big enough? You need an empty partition to install it to.
it was once converted into gpt but i used diskpart to convert it to mbr again. it has enough space for installing but i get this message which is on the earlier post.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you are using a uefi bios then you must use GPT to install windows 10. Are you actually getting a message that the disk may fail soon? It just seems you are getting the message because of it not being GPT. If you are getting the disk may fail soon message then the drive is on its way out and you should get a new drive.