Windows 10 does not see Printer Canon imageCLASS MF4370dn

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, we need a little bit more information then what you posted. Are you installing this wirelessly or usb? If wireless, then the printer must be connected to your network first.

AlienMenace

John is right, need more info.

Like what version of OS you are using. And have you downloaded the latest drivers and software for it?
I know the Windows version 1803 had a major problem with that update with Printers/Scanners and there is a workaround for it that fixed my printer problem. But 1809 should have fixed that problem by now. Here is the workaround for it anyway. This came from the "Microsoft Community" when I first reported it last year and a lot of other people that reported it also".

Workaround:

Press windows key + R. Type 'regedit' in the Open box, and then click OK.
  1. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey if it exists: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\PostSPUpgrade
  2. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm the removal of the PostSPUpgrade registry key.
  3. Restart your PC (OR run ‘net stop spooler’ followed by ‘net start spooler’ from an elevated command prompt).

Last edited: