Windows 10 won't update properly

Tomsriv

Hi All,
Every night my computer wakes from sleep and tries to install "2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5014699)" and it always fails and a day or two later it will try again. I tried the tricks where I go into dos and clean up the updates but it still does it again. Is this planned obsolencense?

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Intel dh87mc motherboard

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎8/‎30/‎2020
OS build 19044.1741
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Okedokey

Im assuming you've tried the command line (must be run as administrator) of

net stop wuauserv
net stop bits

delete the contents of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder

restart computer and try again to update.

Tomsriv

Im assuming you've tried the command line (must be run as administrator) of

net stop wuauserv
net stop bits

delete the contents of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder

restart computer and try again to update.
Yes, I tried it that way twice. Any other ideas?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It will usually give you an error code on why it failed, we will need that code. Check your update history for the error code.

However I researched that update and its seems quite a few people are having the same issue even on a fresh install of windows.

Kb5014699 was successfully installed on my pc on June 15th.

Last edited:

Okedokey

In addition to John's post, try something quick. Go to Settings, Updates, Advanced options, Choose how updates are delivered and turn off if it is on. Try Windows Update again. Just something I saw today that may help believe it or not.

Also, I'd suggest trying the built in Troubleshooter for Windows Update by going to Settings app using Windows + I keyboard shortcut, click on Update & security -then select troubleshoot. Restart.

Tomsriv

It will usually give you an error code on why it failed, we will need that code. Check your update history for the error code.

However I researched that update and its seems quite a few people are having the same issue even on a fresh install of windows.

Kb5014699 was successfully installed on my pc on June 15th.
Thank you, i will give those a try and check out the thread