Windows 7 - Clean install issue (No signed device drivers were found)

simpo

Hi guys,

I am just rapping up my first build. I have gotten to the Windows 7 installation screen and I get thru the first couple of steps before the actual install. Its asking me to, "Select the driver to be installed." I can't figure out what they mean. I have no idea what to do from me here or how what the fix might be. I have googled around and saw a couple of other people with the same issue.

I was hoping you guys may have some experience on this and may be able to tell me a fix.

Thanks in advance!

Error message in full, "No signed device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK."

simpo

I have given that a try and still nothing. When I go into my bios screen, its only showing my DvD writer. I can't see that my hard drive is connected to the board. I am wondering if thats my issue.

If I were to go buy an external hard drive? would that be a temporary fix?

bkribbs

Are you sure you have both the IDE cable and the power cable (I can't remember the specific name) hooked up correctly?

simpo

Are you sure you have both the IDE cable and the power cable (I can't remember the specific name) hooked up correctly?

Pretty sure.. I even rotated the cables on my DvD writer to see if that would work. I am thinking it might be a bad hard drive.

bkribbs

Pretty sure.. I even rotated the cables on my DvD writer to see if that would work. I am thinking it might be a bad hard drive.

Oh that really isn't good. Is it possible you could test the hard drive on a friends computer or something?

simpo

Fears confirmed- I just went and picked upa 500 gb 7200 rpm, popped it in there and am now installing windows.

I had two parts seemingly DOA, is this unusual?

All in all, build is complete.

Thanks for the help everyone, not sure if I could of gotten it done without the tips.

bkribbs

Fears confirmed- I just went and picked upa 500 gb 7200 rpm, popped it in there and am now installing windows.

I had two parts seemingly DOA, is this unusual?

All in all, build is complete.

Thanks for the help everyone, not sure if I could of gotten it done without the tips.

what does it mean you had to parts DOA? and if i did help you, your welcome.