windows 7 drivers for asus p5p3-vm motherboard

leeth31

Hi all

i have just upgraded my PC to windows 7 and in need for drivers for the motherboard mostly for the onboard graphics

i have tried searching online for the drivers and had no luck so far i have also been to the asus website and the drivers only go as far as win XP.

i would be so greatful for any help to enable me to get the drivers to run win 7 i have been lucky enough that updating the windows has installed the sound driver ok so i have sound so i am left with the graphics driver

pls help i do not want to go back to XP its so slow

lastly i have a nvidia galaxy 5500 256mb graphics card that seems to have a little problem when installed to my PC or my other spare PC from the moment its turned on 90% of the time it has little specs all over the screen and some times it will appear little by little while in windows or watching a movie.

anyone got some idea what could be causing the specs to appear it happens most of the time from the moment i turn on the PC and i am kinda stuck with using the onboard graphics card and also hard to find a new AGP card

many thanks to all in advance for any help

have a nice day

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Your video card is artifacting, which means its dying and it needs replaced. The 865g onboard graphics really don't have any windows 7 drivers for it. But some have been able to get it to work.

You said XP was slow? How much system ram is installed? Your board supports up to 2gb of memory although it uses the older ddr sticks.

Your best bet would be to either find an agp card that has windows 7 drivers or go back to xp and upgrade your memory to 2gb by getting 1 sticks of 1gb ddr 400 memory. However, since your motherboard is kind of old, it may be in your best interest to start saving for a new system.

leeth31

Your video card is artifacting, which means its dying and it needs replaced. The 865g onboard graphics really don't have any windows 7 drivers for it. But some have been able to get it to work.

You said XP was slow? How much system ram is installed? Your board supports up to 2gb of memory although it uses the older ddr sticks.

Your best bet would be to either find an agp card that has windows 7 drivers or go back to xp and upgrade your memory to 2gb by getting 1 sticks of 1gb ddr 400 memory. However, since your motherboard is kind of old, it may be in your best interest to start saving for a new system.

hi thanks for your reply

my system in fact has 2GB ram but for some reason XP seems to run like a bag of s**t more so when using the USB modem software and it is like that even after a format and a fresh install of XP and other software

i have been running windows 7 and it seems to run really well apart from the issue of getting the graphics driver.

yeah the board is kinda old i agree but to be honest its a pretty good board i can upgrade the CPU to a higher spec and since i dont really play games as much anymore not really in the market for a new board just yet..

but if anyone can find the drivers again i would be greatful

have a nice day