Windows does not read from CD/DVD drive?

dorian86

Whenever I insert a CD or DVD the auto play feature does not come on nor does the disc appear under my computer.

I checked under the device manager in the control panel and the disc was not recognized there either.

Here is the message I got:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

How can I update the drive?

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Dorian

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
It sounds like you may have the jumper set wrong on the drive or need to look in the bios itself. If on the end of the second ide cable make sure it is set as master. For being slaved to the hard drive and being on the middle connector on that ide cable set the jumper to slave(MA or MS = Master - SL or SA = Slave).

dorian86

I am having trouble understanding the terminology you are using as I am not familiar with them.

Could you please rephrase your response more specifically?

it would be most appreciate. Thank you.

Dorian

brian

VIP Member
on the back you will see something like this.
CD14.jpg

the black/white think should be in the master section. so look around there should be something that helps you as to where it is

dorian86

I am using a macbook pro laptop running windows via boot camp. I believe it is a setting opposed to a hardware issue.

Please advise.

cheburns

the error message is saying about the driver... go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest driver for your hardware and see if that fixes it