Windows help - SSD full, HDD empty

mep916

Administrator
Staff member

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Download the ISO here: http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html

If you have blank CD/DVD media, insert the disk into the drive and click on the ISO. Assuming you're running Win 7 or better, Windows will burn the file onto the disk. After that, restart your computer and boot into the program. Just follow the prompts -- it's fairly straightforward from there. If you don't have a blank disk, you can use a flash drive, but we'll need to make it a bootable drive.

jcmv4792

Download the ISO here: http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html

If you have blank CD/DVD media, insert the disk into the drive and click on the ISO. Assuming you're running Win 7 or better, Windows will burn the file onto the disk. After that, restart your computer and boot into the program. Just follow the prompts -- it's fairly straightforward from there. If you don't have a blank disk, you can use a flash drive, but we'll need to make it a bootable drive.

Sorry, I'm just having a bit of trouble understanding(as mentioned before, very new to computers). So once I restart the computer after burning the file onto the disk, will the computer automatically boot into the program, or do I have to press any keys while the computer is booting?

jcmv4792

And do all partition managers including acronis require a separate cd? Watching some migration videos on youtube, some people don't mention burning iso's on cds. They seem to just boot right after cloning to a larger ssd.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The samsung SSD drive will have a cd to use to clone your existing install to the new drive, called samsung migration.

jcmv4792

Alright, just got done migrating and booted on the new SSD!

But when I went into the BIOS and put the ssd as the priority boot device it said ""Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press a key"

The computer will only boot with the SSD if the priority is set to "Hard disk: uefi windows boot manager"

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As long as it boots the SSD with that setting then you are good. Or its possible the boot files are on the HDD instead of the SDD.

jcmv4792

Okay good to know. I don't think they are on the HDD. The only thing I had on the HDD was revouninstaller, and I deleted that. I actually used a 512gb SSD as the OS drive, and replaced the HDD with a 1tb ssd.