Windows ME and CD Burning QUESTION

double b26

hey all. my friend was given an older desktop by his mom. here are the specs:

Hp Pavilion
733mhz processor (not sure if its pentium or what)
64 mb ram
30 gb hard drive
cd 'writer'

anyway, all he wants to use it for is burning music cd's in cd-audio format, via windows media player if possible. but the version of media player on it does not support cd burning. and i didnt see any other software to burn with. im not sure which version the media player is, but im pretty sure its whatever came with the computer and windows me.

so here is the problem. all my media player and nero software is relatively new. i doubt that it would work on his dinosaur.

i need to know which , if any, of the media players will run on his pc and burn cds in cd-audio format??
is there some plug-in that i could download for his current version of media player??
and if all else fails with media player, what would you recommend for his setup?

Emperor_nero

Sorry but I've tried to burn stuff on two separate ME computers with both internal and external CD-RW drives and never got them to work. Sorry. :(

double b26

Sorry but I've tried to burn stuff on two separate ME computers with both internal and external CD-RW drives and never got them to work. Sorry. :(

wtf? why do they put the burner in there then??:mad: (thats a rhetorical question)

what was the problem with it? did you get burning software installed? if so, what version was it? id still like to try something out, at least. will that pc support xp?

Emperor_nero

wtf? why do they put the burner in there then??:mad: (thats a rhetorical question)

what was the problem with it? did you get burning software installed? if so, what version was it? id still like to try something out, at least. will that pc support xp?

I don't have access to them any more and this was a while ago,

The first computer didn't have an internal burner and I tried and 2 different external models nether worked, for the burner I used Nero I don't remember about the first.

And the second computer came with an internal and I tried burning stuff with the burning software that came with it. Thanks for you interest. :D