Windows Media Player corrupted file

novicegeek

Having a little problem with WMP in Windows 10. I have three playlist, but one, titled "All Music" (which is obviously all of my songs in my collection) has issues. When I try to click on any of the songs in this playlist, I get the error attached to this post. I've cleared the WMP cache, emptied the recycle bin, and then rebooted the computer - still no luck. In services, WMP Network Sharing Services is started, and is set to manual. I ran the troubleshooter for WMP and was told that my media library was corrupted. In addition, there is a possibility, according to the troubleshooter, that some configuration settings may be set incorrectly.

I also did a Google search on this issue, but have pretty much found solutions proposing all that I've already done.

Incidentally, as I alluded to earlier, the songs on the other two playlist (which are the some of the same songs as in the All Music playlist) work perfectly fine. No errors when playing them.

Any suggestions of what else to do?

Thank you.

Attachments

• WMP error.jpg
    WMP error.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you moved your songs to a different directory? I would move all your songs to a different folder then change the location of your library to that new location and see what happens.

novicegeek

Well, John, you got me pointed in the right direction. I deleted all music on that playlist, and simply reloaded it. It's working fine now. Thank you.