Windows Media Player file TYPES

Da Mail Man

greetings,
I converted an mp3 music file (approx 3.5 mb's) to a wave file which increased the NEW wave file siize to maybe 3x's it's mp3 size.

In windows media player and the types of files supported therein, what file type will be as close to the ORIGINAL mp3 file size or SMALLER *excluding files supported in real player.

PC Hobbyist

I'm guessing .wma, but what exactly is it that you are trying to do? Are you looking to rip music from a cd? Are you planning on playing these files on a portable music player? Is file size more important or sound quality? What Kbps rate does your original mp3 file have (because that will also affect file size)?

Da Mail Man

I'm guessing .wma, but what exactly is it that you are trying to do? Are you looking to rip music from a cd? Are you planning on playing these files on a portable music player? Is file size more important or sound quality? What Kbps rate does your original mp3 file have (because that will also affect file size)?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thanks for the reply...I'm guessing .wma,**not sure if i tried that but, will check but what exactly is it that you are trying to do? **not really relavent to my question Are you looking to rip music from a cd? ***no, not at all Are you planning on playing these files on a portable music player? **no not at all and not relavent Is file size more important or sound quality? **most likely file size however, i would have to hear it to determine that What Kbps rate does your original mp3 file have (because that will also affect file size)?[/QUOTE] **that i couldn't tell you off hand however, i would just assume that it is a "standard" rate although, there probably isn't such a thing.