Windows Media Player wont stay as the default media player??!

I have Windows Media Player 10 and Total Video Player. I use Total Video layer to watch some movies. Anyway the default program to open audio/video files with keeps switching to Total Video Player. I want the default player for all media types to be WMP. I went into the options menu in WMP and checked all the boxes on all formats for WMP to be the default player, but every time I restart the computer the default player to open half of the media files reverts back to Total Video Player.

How do I fix this.
 
It seems that when you use a player other than the one you normally use it automatically becomes the default player for whatever type of file you played in it. I have this problem all the time myself. It's extremely annoying. there really are only two choices-put up with having to change the default playerback to WMP every time, or else find one player you like and stick with it.
 
Right click on a video file, and then just hit "play with" and choose your application. Then all videos are played with it.
 
first of all hit right click the audio/video file that you want window media player to play and go to "open with" and click window media player and at the bottom of the box check the box "always use the selected program to open this kind of programme".And still if this does't solve your problem then reinstall the media player and check the box make it default player for..........
 
Right click on your media/video file > Open with > Choose other Device

Now choose the program you want to open it with, then check the box at the bottom that says "always use this device". You'll have to do that with each format you try I'm afraid, such as WMV, MP3, AVI, AMV, etc.

Hope that helps :)
 
Right click on your media/video file > Open with > Choose other Device

Now choose the program you want to open it with, then check the box at the bottom that says "always use this device". You'll have to do that with each format you try I'm afraid, such as WMV, MP3, AVI, AMV, etc.

Hope that helps :)

Umm dude... you replied to a kinda old thread. This one's from 2006.
(Dw, I used to do this on several forums ;))

If I were you, I'd go to User CP ->Edit options, and under "Thread Display Options" section there's a listbox titled "Default Thread Age Cut Off" - choose something like show threads from last 2 days or a week, and all old threads will be filtered out automatically.

Cheers :) enjoy your stay
 
Back
Top