Windows repair problem

Venna

I have dell latitude 5580 core i7 with windows 10 on it, am getting a bit of problem. when I switch it on while charging its working perfectly but when on battery it start with windows repair . also when I do restart while on battery works fine but while charging it also start with repairing .
If I put computer in safe mode all these problems disappear , what could be a reason.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Never heard anything like this before. Your best bet would be to take it in and have it diagnosed. Are you getting any type of error message or anything? If its fine in safe mode then its most likely a driver issue, possibly hard drive issue.

Maybe try using the reset this pc option and choose to keep your personal files.

If that don't work you might want to try reinstalling windows 10 from USB install media using the creation tool.

Download the tool on that page and follow the prompts to create a usb. You will need to backup any data you don't want deleted as this is what a fresh install will do. You will need to delete existing partitions and then install 10.

I have dell latitude 5580 core i7 with windows 10 on it, am getting a bit of problem. when I switch it on while charging its working perfectly but when on battery it start with windows repair . also when I do restart while on battery works fine but while charging it also start with repairing .
If I put computer in safe mode all these problems disappear , what could be a reason.
While in safe mode, try to use the built in function: https://www.howtogeek.com/166911/re...windows-troubleshooting-tool-you-arent-using/ to look for error-messages and possibly get a clue on how to fix it...

And IF you need to reinstall your PC, try to use the built in RECOVERY function....