Windows Sharing HELP!!

geelongcats29

Hi, I am running Windows XP and have 2 logins one for the Kids and One for us (Parents). My hard Drive is partitioned and I want to be able to disallow access for the kids to one of the drives as I have got all the programs insalled in there aswell as my Private Documents. I have tried to disallow by clicking right button and properties bu it is in Grey and I am unable to. I have made myself the Administrator and and the kids not. And my question is how can I stop that 1 partition from being used or edited by the kids login and only able to be accessed through the parents login. If someone could help me that would be great.

Morb

As I've understood you have two login(accounts) on one system. Therefore your both acounts are using same partition(system). For this reason this will be unhappy solution to make invisible-inaccessible that partition for other users of system :D

The best solution for this which I recommend to do(if you want to hide system folder not only normal folders, which can be hiden by software - for ex. HideFolderXP) is to make to separate system(two installations of Windows XP or something else :p ) - one separate partitions. Then make boot menu where you choose system to which you want to boot. Total privacy(partitions are NTFS-if WIN) so they doesn't see each other. But this solution require little bit knowlegde of computering. :eek:

I have been running on this form for 5 years(3 system installed). No problems. But if something happens troubleshooting is more difficult and you have to be carefull to don't make more damage on data loss :D .(mirroring solved this).

Conclusion: I'm not sure how to do that throught windows offered features. Try HideFolderXP soft. or similar. Much simpler and works well. (GOOOOGLE IT)