Windows update

sjbllr15

I am having a problem when i tried to download the latest updates for XP. I did it automatically and everything worked fine except for one download. Whenever i try to install it a message comes up saying that it was unable to install "VIA Technologies Inc. - Networking - VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter"

Is there anything i can do to get that download to work?
Do I really need to download that or would i be fine without it?
Also, since i did not install that update, the Windows update icon stays down in the taskbar. Is there anyway to get it to go away without downloading this install?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
just use the drivers for the ethernet form the cd you got with the motherboard, or look on the motherboard manfacturers website (its the same ethenet adapter on mine). as for it staying in the corner, you can always take off automatic updates, and then juts check them every week or so

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
The same thing happened to me too. But after a couple of days the Windows Update managed to download and install that patch.
So just wait until that problem solves by itself.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
Lorand said:
The same thing happened to me too. But after a couple of days the Windows Update managed to download and install that patch.
So just wait until that problem solves by itself.

there is always that i suppose