Windows Vista - *RANT*

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];169536 said:
You guys are making it seem like you'll need at least 2GB of ram to run Vista, when in fact you only need 512MB for the 32bit, and im sure you can run the 64bit with 512mb, seeing how people run windows xp with less then 128mb of ram.

This whole thing is getting blown out of proportion, and as Blue said, we will probably look back on this and will be reminded of all of our ignorance. :p

You will what?? its been 2 years :D

dont ask how i found this thread lol

zaroba

lol. good find.

i love seeing how people make so many assumptions about things long before there even released.
acting like they have already used the finished product and thus know for a fact how it will work.

patrickv

[-0MEGA-];169536 said:
You guys are making it seem like you'll need at least 2GB of ram to run Vista, when in fact you only need 512MB for the 32bit, and im sure you can run the 64bit with 512mb, seeing how people run windows xp with less then 128mb of ram.

This whole thing is getting blown out of proportion, and as Blue said, we will probably look back on this and will be reminded of all of our ignorance. :p

i was reading the whole thread and cuaght what OMEGA said, am sorry but 512MB for 32bit vista is not enough am very sorry to tell you that i had 512mb ddr2 ram and vista run like crap without added software

Michael

i was reading the whole thread and cuaght what OMEGA said, am sorry but 512MB for 32bit vista is not enough am very sorry to tell you that i had 512mb ddr2 ram and vista run like crap without added software

Vista runs fine on 512MB of DDR2..

..unless, of course, you want to do more than stare at your desktop :D

patrickv

Vista runs fine on 512MB of DDR2..

..unless, of course, you want to do more than stare at your desktop :D

do i look like i stare at my desktop ?
if i tell you the amount of apps i use on xp to be used on vista, vista will crap out to windows classic...

Geoff

VIP Member
You will what?? its been 2 years :D

dont ask how i found this thread lol
LOL!! I remember making that post to... wow does time fly ;)

I said that almost 2 years ago before Vista was even out, it was all speculation. But you can run Vista on 512MB, it just wont be enjoyable.