Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade Noob Question

Chenggyboy

Sorry if these are really noobish questions (I'm 13 gonna do my first build, i'm fed up with payin 130 bucks for a 50 dollar graphics card)

1. Can you upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate using the license of a Dell Computer? If you can will they send you a regular upgrade or will they send you an upgrade that only works for Dell Computers?

2. With the upgrade can you put it on one computer then say you don't use that computer anymore, can you switch the upgrade to another computer?

3. With the upgrade do u need the old XP cd or can u just use the license on the side of the Dell PC?

4. Can you play most XP games on Vista, for example can you play Halo 1 on it?

Thanks For Answering these questions.

jutnm

Sorry if these are really noobish questions (I'm 13 gonna do my first build, i'm fed up with payin 130 bucks for a 50 dollar graphics card)

1. Can you upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate using the license of a Dell Computer? If you can will they send you a regular upgrade or will they send you an upgrade that only works for Dell Computers?

2. With the upgrade can you put it on one computer then say you don't use that computer anymore, can you switch the upgrade to another computer?

3. With the upgrade do u need the old XP cd or can u just use the license on the side of the Dell PC?

i didnt get the part where u said
" i'm fed up with payin 130 bucks for a 50 dollar graphics card"

the only quesiton i can answer is yes most games u can play on Vista Ultimate some u might need patches.

i have a question fro you , what are the Specs of ur Dell, are u sure it can run vista ?

Chenggyboy

What i meant was that if you want to buy a computer with a 256 mb NVIDIA graphics card its 130 bucks. And i'm not gonna use the Dell i'm gonna build a new computer, i'll be posting it up in prolly half an hour for you guys to hopefully review:D.

oscaryu1

VIP Member

1. If your going to use an XP license code with an Vista code its not gonna work. They will include an COA when you buy Vista...

2. Yes... but usually one license goes to one computer. Sometimes the CD even limits you to an certain amount of computers.

3. If your upgrading to Vista you need an VISTA license code. XP will NOT work.

4. Yes you can, infact I've heard its faster in Halo in Vista then in XP.

I am am extremely sorry if someone has answered this question (s) already.