Windows XP Help Please

Mikeohioukus

Hello.. I did have XP, However i installed windows vista, I didn't like it much so i reformatted my computer as i was told this is the only way to remove it.. I thought it would be back to factory default with my Xp.. But it wasn't everything including xp had gone.. I used a friends XP disc with my product key.. But after installing it and logging on.. Its different to my old xp.. It uses no files from that.. The software i had before is gone.. Is there a way to get it or is it completely gone? Also ther are no drivers installed.. I have no sound or anything also is this normal for the situation i ahve gone through..

My second question is:
2: I have 2 DVD drives a burner and an original drive, Xp won't recognise that the second one even exists how to i resolve this?

3. One more question, while i was running vista the startup was slower than xp i was wondering if that was the way it should be and also just after the slide bar would go across the the microsoft co - operation sign there was a white line at the top of the screen does this happen on vista? I thought there was some conflict and wasn't sure if it was normal.

Appriciate any replies thanks.

liquidshadow

Yes, everything is gone. When you reformat you are wiping everything off of the hard drive. As for drivers, you'll need to install them yourself.
For the DVD drives, assuming they are IDE, check the cable and if they are plugged in correctly as well as the jumper settings.
For Vista, it depends on your computer. Better computers will run it well and as fast as Windows XP. It also depends on your startup settings and such.

Vampiric Rouge

Did you buy the PC from some where like dell or HP. If you did It should have come with a disk that has some of your programs and your drivers. if you don't have the disk but its still a company computer like HP or Dell you can go on there web site and put in your Service tag number to get the drivers.