Windows Xp help

bmrbob

I just got a new computer. I am having prblems starting it up. The windows xp is not loading correctly. It isnt letting me install it with the recovery disk. Do you know what the problem is?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
You answered your own question. You can't install XP on a new comp with a recovery disk because
1. It's illegal
2. It won't work

How do you figure? he said he bought a new computer, he did not say he built a new computer. If he bought a new computer it would come with OS and aplications and should work out of the box. It should come with a recovery disk in which he can use at any time to restore the machine.

just got a new computer. I am having prblems starting it up. The windows xp is not loading correctly. It isnt letting me install it with the recovery disk. Do you know what the problem is?

Can you elaborate a bit more? when you start it up what happens? Also did you purchase this machine ready to go out of the box or did you build it?

Edit:

Also if you did purchase this machine ready to go then you should take it back to where you purchased it and have them straighten it out.

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
No, he said that he got it, this could mean second-hand

Also if you purchase a computer second hand then you should get the recovery disks second hand :p. But i'm just having fun with ya now :).\

Also just a tought here. Have you checked your bios to make sure your pc is ready to boot from optical drive?

r53s

A new computer can have problems very fast:

1- Some defective hardware that came bad from the factory.

2- You installed a little program that messed all up.

3- You just connected to the internet without a good antivirus
and without a good firewall (or without using the simple one
that comes with xp).

But please, as the others said: elaborate a bit more...

bmrbob

I bought it from Ibuypower.com. It is a brand new computer. The process of intallation starts but then stops when I get to creating the partitions and it won't let me. It says that I don't have a disk in any of the drives or something like that.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well it seems that you are bent on reinstalling so we will go with that :). You need to make sure that your bios is set to boot from the optical drive (boot drive 1) and secondly the hard drive should be bootable (boot drive 2) whether it's a windows XP installation disk or a recovery CD it does not matter much it has to be set up this way. Once that is set then you stick your CD in the drive and boot your machine and the installation process will begin. If the installation fails then and you have everything set correctly in the bios then you'll have to be prepared to crack open the case and check that your drives are set up correctly and jumpers and all are set accordingly. If you've just purchased this machine then I highly suggest that you return it and have them take care of the problem.