Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade

ajw06

I am currrently running Windows XP Home Edition on my Desktop Computer.
Just the other day i found a copy of Windows XP Pro which is currently installed on one computer at the moment. Could i also install it on my Desktop computer without any issues.

Also i have a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate, could i install that on my Desktop and have a dual boot system.

StrangleHold

Staff member
It can only be installed on one computer at a time unless you have multitude license and yes you can Dual boot XP and Vista

ajw06

It does not state i can't either. The disc came in a folder and it does not say how many the license is for.

ajw06

i didn't buy the os and the person who did is not around to ask. i might be able to install it onto mor than one computer because he upgraded computers so he might have needed a multi licence version so he can reinstall the os on computers.

ajw06

I want to reinstall my operating system anyway. if i stuck with XP Home Edition could i use my Windows XP Home Edition disc and the serial labelled on my computer

Zangetsu

I have XP en Vista. If you want a Dual boot with XP and Vista I'd recommend you install XP first. Because I've heard some troubles if you did the other way around, but the point is, you can.