Windows Xp Pro on HP

Choate

well for some reason my HP wouldnt allow the disc drive to read before the hdd even after i changed the boot sequence. So i decided to put the hdd into this computer and setup Windows XP pro on it. All went good and the hdd works perfectly fine on this comp, but when i put it into my HP it says Operating system not found. My question is, is there any subfolder or anything that you have to put windows in for the mobo to read it? My guess of whats wrong might be totally off because I dont know very much about computers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
You can't install windows on another machine and then try to boot on another machine. It configures your hardware while installing... and obviously the 2 computers are different.
Just go to the BIOS and enable the boot sequence menu and try again may be you got something wrong.

Choate

ok well ive tried putting the hdd to the bottom of the boot sequence, ive tried changing the pin settings on the back to CS and MA and SL ive tried everything but it keeps saying Operating system not found

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
Are you sure the CD is bootable ?
and are you sure that the CDROM is working ? Do you see it in the BIOS ?

Choate

ok well i got it to boot from this disc there some some settings that were messed in my cmos. But anyway i re-installed windows from this disc on the HP and now its giving me the same error, Operating system not found