windows xp pro x64 edition 360 day trial

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
this is a free LEGAL!!!! trial of windows xp 64bit it lasts 360 days enjoy

Ya it's been out for awhile :).. it of course is still in beta form. I really dont see a purpose of it though unless i'm using 64 bit software with it and I like to play games and since all my games are 32 bit they'll run faster on a 32 bit system.

32 bit is emulated in the win64 instal although some would argue that :).. It's posted on Microsofts website if you have a look and they recommend running 32 bit software on a 32 bit system for maximum performance although 32 bit software has been shown that it can indeed run faster with win64 which I think is just strange.. Games on the other had (32bit) have been shown to run slower up to half the speed! :-(..

Super_Nova

Perhaps you're thinking of the 64bit version or windows microsoft made for intel's original 64 bit processor which had to emulate 32-bit. It had to because Intel's Itanium processors have no native compatibility with the x86 instruction set.

This version is for AMD's 64-bit line which is fully compatible with the 32-bit x86 instruciton set. I see no reason why Microsoft would choose to implement 32-bit support via emulation on a processor that can already run 32-bit software nativly. Of coarse with microsoft you never know! :D

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Actualy i'm going to do all plus myself a favor and instal this and run some games so that i'm not just quoting everything that I read :)..

K i'm downloading it and will have it in 20 minutes :).. I'm kinda excited to actualy play with it and to see for myself.

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Strangely enough!! the damn thing wont instal.. I reboot and the installation starts and as it's loading device drivers and crap it stops and a blue screen comes up saying that windows has detected somthing wrong blah blah blah blah and has shut down blah.

Imaruki

Blue said:
Strangely enough!! the damn thing wont instal.. I reboot and the installation starts and as it's loading device drivers and crap it stops and a blue screen comes up saying that windows has detected somthing wrong blah blah blah blah and has shut down blah.
Only with Microsoft....:eek:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Only with Microsoft....

Heheh.. must be a linux lover? or perhaps MAC? anyhow not helpfull but thanks :)

It could be my video or I've got a couple of other ideas.. you do have to realize it's a beta version and it's our reponsibility to read certain things b4 instalation which of course I did not do and would rather not have too.. LOL.. oh well i'm sure I'll figure it out.

Imaruki

Blue said:
Heheh.. must be a linux lover?
You caught me:p , but yeah I actually enjoy beta testing things though so I might install it on an older system of mine and just go buy a cheap AMD 64 proc and MOBO to test it with.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
K so it turns out that the newest build has a problem with my video but it has somthing to do also with my specific mother board (Figures!) so I have to basicly download an earlier build and replace a file in the recent with the older yada yada yada and i'll be able to use the most recent build..

Sheeeeeeeeeeesh it's alot of work :-(.. anyhow many people argue the fact that 32 bit is emulated in the 64 bit windows which is in the FAQ's on the microsoft website :). So my plan is to instal it myself with all the latest 64 bit drivers for my hardware and compare the gaming difference myself.. I'll be sure to post back with my findings.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well I'll just say this... It sux ars and I at this present time dont even know If i'll be bothered to look at it further at this point but if I'm bored enough I might... For those of you who dont want to believe it is indeed emulated 32 bit which it says durring instal..

I installed or tried to instal the following games.

1. Warcraft III... Installed but wont run (memory error)
2. Doom 3... wont instal (wrong operating system error)
3. War of the Ring... Instals but wont run with no errors.
4. Sodier Of Fortune... Wont instal with error "The image file F:\ is valid but is for a machine type other then the current machine.
5. Need For Speed Underground... RAN!!!!!! O my and too the human eye seemed to run flawless and fast although I could not be bothered at this point to benchmark it.

I really dont think I need further convinceing ;-)..

Oh yes and there is a compatibility mode for Windows XP and all applications that failed to run where tried in this compatibility mode on second attempts.

Last edited: