Windows XP Service Pack Two

thegunithangout

i wana download service pack two for the pop up blocker and the firewall but wen i download it and open it what will happen? will it erase everything i have saved on my hardrive? and how will i be able to install this

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yes ;)

It will include all security patches up to date (the release of SP2). Therefore it is a good thing to do (generally). I advise you to install it but for safety backup. With any SP, there is danger of something happening and you could get into trouble.

JAN :D

zerox

Many have had problems installing SP2. And even I. I tried 8 times, i was even in contact whit microsoft how to get it working, i never did.

I had to integreat SP2 with the Windows XP SP1 install cd and make a new install cd, this is called Slipstreaming. If you don't succed in installing SP2 then you might wanna slipstream a windows cd and reinstall Windows.

I found a good guide here: http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

Good Luck!!!

jbrown456

I had trouble installing sp2 (service pack 2) aswell. But it worked after a million and a half tries, not bad, nothing exciting. The google toolbar's pop-up blocker is better, because the sp2 pop-up blocker blocks every pop-up, and sometimes there are pop-ups that you want (some web designers open things in new windows).

randruff

The pop-up blocker should not be the primary reason for SP2 installation, the security updates should. It sounds like you have not attempted the installation yet. To answer your questions, no it will not delete any information on your computer...assuming it installs correctly. I beleive it does ask you to make a restore point before installation. Before attempting the install, make sure your system is 100% of spyware/virii. Keep us posted.