winodws with new chipset

BlaBli

hello all :)

when replacing a Motherboard with different chipset, windows does not loading (giving blue screen or what ever), my question is... is there an easier way of fixing this problem other than repairing windows?

thanks ;)

Morb

Chipset

It's not big surprise for me. Installation of Windows is quite related to hardware. As far as I know any hardware changes such as processor, chipset, motherboard, disks(system) is almost imposible. It is like if you made image of your system from P4 2,4 512MBRam... and then try to reload image on P4 3.0Ghz with other chipset, different hard drives and so on. Of course this is only my opinion resulting from my skills. But in this case(If I were you) reinstalling of window is the best solution. But I recommend to discuss this thing with someone else(TO be totally sured)

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
you can replace processor, ram, video, if your careful motherboard, or add hdds without reinstalling windows (cant replace windows disk obviously).

All you need to do is while your old motherboard is still installed, uninstall every device in device manager then don't restart, shut down replace the board and start it up again

krazykarl

before you change the motherboard, DELETE every piece of hardware from the device manager. when windows boots, it will automatically detect all new hardware and install fresh drivers. Problems may still ensue, but at the very least they are fairly mitigated.

BlaBli

hey all... thanks for your replys...

Cromewell: what u mean is sysprep? isnt is just uninstall all pci and peripheral devices?

anyway,... r u sure deleting all devices from device manager is doable? i mean from last time i tired to delete all devices there were some devices that windows did not let me delete (even the delete option was unavailable)

anyway... do u think that sysprep can help?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
no, you need to remove everything in device manager not just the pci devices and peripherals. removing them all should be doable, or you can delete the windows directory...you have to reinstall windows but if you dont format you can keep all your files (programs will need to be reinstalled).