WinXP SP2 No sound card/drivers

Zero Thomas

I don't get any sound and I have installed Ac 97 audio drivers and still nothing, i ran a diagnostic test and nothing shows up,
I added some pictures to help you guys know what im talking about, theres a device manager picture, with 4 question marks one may be the sound card
and theres another of the device manager viewing by connection with a pci device question mark
and finall the diagnostic tool showing nothing in sound
It says my chipset is Geforce 9800 gt is that helps

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DeviceMan1.JPG
    DeviceMan1.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Diag.JPG
    Diag.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, you would need to install the chipset drivers. Most likely you are downloading the wrong sound driver, I suspect this machine has high definition audio and that would be part of the pci device. Actually you would need to install the microsoft UAA bus driver for high definition audio first.

What brand and model of computer is this? Or if its custom built, what model of motherboard do you have?

Zero Thomas

I have an ECS 7050m-m v2 I downloaded the chiposet drivers and have them, but it seems that i need to manually install the driver to the sound card because its not being recognized and i dont know what they are called or where they are stored