wipe it out.

PC eye

banned
And yes like the time an XP Home SP1 disk couldn't remove an XP Pro SP2 partition. Gee? GParted could have been used there rather then fighting with the 98 installer just to see one file put on so that fdisk could be used. :eek: !

StrangleHold

Staff member
You have more computer problems than anybody I have ever saw. I can remove any XP partition with a 2000 disk much less a XP disk, you can even remove them with a 98 boot disk. You have any idea how many 2000 and XP disk I have, everywhere from upgrades - full - OEMs - Pro - Home - Pre No SP - SP1 - SP2 and I have done it all every way it can be done. Just to wiggle some more you make some of the stupidest post. Or you flat out dont know what your doing, or you just make up stuff to deflect your ranting. Like I said you even thought Windows 2000 had System Restore or Windows only had 30 days worth of restore points. Its a waste of my time arguing with you. You need to study your google links alittle better. Like I said I am out of this one you have got to the point of just making up stuff again.

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
That wasn't made up! There you go again throwing insults instead of listening to what was actually seen.

At the time someone asked me to clean off the drive on a prebuild where the drive was all goofed up. Someone didn't know how to partition drives correctly and messed up the preinstalled XP Pro/SP2 installation.

When using an OEM XP Home/SP1 disk the "newer version" error was seen when making the effort to delete the existing partition(s) plural there starting with XP Pro. Obviously the newer release not just different edition that included SP2 wouldn't allow for it.

As far as the system restore in XP you see what restore points are available presented on a calendar there. The further you go back the more things are rolled back in that sense maybe a little more then intended?

You also have to set just much drive space per partition will be reserved for restore points or allow the defaults managed by Windows. What do you think most people running XP do in general? They certainly don't reserve the amount of space needed for a full year's worth of restore points.

PC eye

banned
Reality check for you! Gee the defaults in XP for the system restore use some...

System Restore

Taking a look at system restore earlier in the article leads to this space saving tweak. By default, XP’s System Restore takes up 12% of your [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]hard [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]drive [/FONT][/color][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]space[/FONT][/color][/FONT][/color][/color]. 12% of an 80GB hard drive is 9.6GB, and that’s 9.6GB you cannot use for data storage. How can this be adjusted? Start out by right clicking “My Computer” and “Properties”. http://www.pcmech.com/article/operating-system-tweaks-windows-2000xp/

This one is even better! :p http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-gparted-to-resize-your-windows-vista-partition/

Using GParted to Resize Your Windows Vista Partition

SirKenin

banned
lol Stranglehold. It's true, the XP partition tool will wipe out ANY partition, no matter what it is and what's on it. I put Ubuntu on one of my laptops and XP even wiped that out.

If a good technician simplifies (and that's because they know what they're doing) I can't help but wonder where that leaves the likes of PCeye. I guess they do say that BS baffles brains. I wonder when he'll figure out that overly and unnecessarily complicating issues to give the illusion that he actually knows what he's talking about actually makes him look more and more like a know-nothing, incompetent buffoon. Not to mention it confuses the OPs to the point where they give up and go elsewhere. 17000 posts of that stupidity. It's awe-inspiring really. Think he'll ever figure it out? Nahhh.. But he'll keep coming back with more and more idiocy and digging himself a deeper and deeper hole.

You go girl!!! lol :D

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
Reality check for you! Gee the defaults in XP for the system restore use some...

System Restore

Taking a look at system restore earlier in the article leads to this space saving tweak. By default, XP’s System Restore takes up 12% of your [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]hard [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]drive [/FONT][/color][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]space[/FONT][/color][/FONT][/color][/color]. 12% of an 80GB hard drive is 9.6GB, and that’s 9.6GB you cannot use for data storage. How can this be adjusted? Start out by right clicking “My Computer” and “Properties”. http://www.pcmech.com/article/operating-system-tweaks-windows-2000xp/

This one is even better! :p http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-gparted-to-resize-your-windows-vista-partition/

Using GParted to Resize Your Windows Vista Partition

None of that proves anything other than you have no idea what your talking about. Nothing other than another attempt to cover up/deflect/twist your lack of shutting up!

Verve

lol Stranglehold. It's true, the XP partition tool will wipe out ANY partition, no matter what it is and what's on it. I put Ubuntu on one of my laptops and XP even wiped that out.

If a good technician simplifies (and that's because they know what they're doing) I can't help but wonder where that leaves the likes of PCeye. I guess they do say that BS baffles brains. I wonder when he'll figure out that overly and unnecessarily complicating issues to give the illusion that he actually knows what he's talking about actually makes him look more and more like a know-nothing, incompetent buffoon. Not to mention it confuses the OPs to the point where they give up and go elsewhere. 17000 posts of that stupidity. It's awe-inspiring really. Think he'll ever figure it out? Nahhh.. But he'll keep coming back with more and more idiocy and digging himself a deeper and deeper hole.

you don't have to be so rude. In general. Just a thought :)

Even though I agree with you

PC eye

banned

sirkeninsfactsdoant7.jpg

StrangleHold

Staff member
PCeye for your age your about the most immature incompadent person I have ever come across. Your faced with facts and the best you can do is make up storys and Photos. If you stated more facts then fiction then you would not be in the position your in.