wireless headphones

anil099

hey i was browsing some wireless headphoens and came across some that said rca or something or infrared....does ur comp have to have infrared to use wireless headphones? or is it the same principal as wireless keyboard and mouse where something plugs into ur jack and gets a signal?

Rip_Uk

it gets a signal from something plugged into your computer. Im sure RCA inputs are those Red/White plugs.

fruscai

watch out with wireless headphones, they cost alot more then regular cabled headphones and a lot of them are known to cause alot of background hiss and extraneous noise

P11

VIP Member
RCA Wireless Headphones will use a reciever base that will connect to your sound card. The reciever will have to be somewhat exposed so that wireless signals do not get interupted.

anil099

do i have to have a decent sound card or something? wireless headphones sound too much trouble ...especially considering the cost...wud u guys reccommend them or jus tget some nice wired surround sound ones?

P11

VIP Member
If you really want wireless headphones I would suggest Bluetooth Stereo Headphones, they play music and all the regular stuff. If not you can buy a 5.1 surround sound system, and most likely a new sound card.

dillon157

Yeah, I wouldnt recommend wireless headphones either... if you're looking for good sound just go with some wired headphones, they'll sound better and be less of a hastle in the end. Bear in mind too that you can get headphones that just have a cord on one side so the cord isnt getting in the way too much. Check out the AKG K240s headphones, they have been the leading headphones in the recording industry for quite sometime. You'll start noticing them in the movies too. The point is though, they're going to sound good.