wireless headset for computer and mobile devices?

kenny1999

hi I am looking for a wireless headset primarily for computer but it's an advantage if it can be used with mobile devices too.

It looks like there are two kinds of wireless connection - Bluetooth and USB wireless right?

I guess USB wireless could not be used with most of mobile device - Apple iPad for example.

My question is probably
1. Can a bluetooth wireless headset be used with desktop PC? Will I need any special receiver or hardware to be installed?

2. Does bluetooth emit any radiation? Is a USB wireless headset more safe to health ?

3. Would the sound quality of a USB wireless headset be much less good as a bluetooth one?

Thank you.

Geoff

VIP Member
hi I am looking for a wireless headset primarily for computer but it's an advantage if it can be used with mobile devices too.

It looks like there are two kinds of wireless connection - Bluetooth and USB wireless right?

I guess USB wireless could not be used with most of mobile device - Apple iPad for example.

My question is probably
1. Can a bluetooth wireless headset be used with desktop PC? Will I need any special receiver or hardware to be installed?

2. Does bluetooth emit any radiation? Is a USB wireless headset more safe to health ?

3. Would the sound quality of a USB wireless headset be much less good as a bluetooth one?

Thank you.
1. Yes a bluetooth headset can work with PCs, you just need to have a bluetooth adapter.

2. Yes it emits radio waves in the 2.4GHz spectrum, the same as most wireless routers. It's very low powered and isn't dangerous.

3. Hard to say, it depends on the headset itself. I'd say you'd probably get more features out of a USB wireless headset as most performance oriented headsets come with a proprietary USB wireless base.