Wireless/IE/Config/Havn't a clue! Problems...

lloyd

Have a dell laptop on windows xp...

Using the windows wireless software to connect to my wireless router (belkin)

Laptop finds the router, i click connect, authenticates and says connected to the wireless network, but then i am unable to connect to the internet?

The Packet Data says it is sending minimal amounts (about 50 in 5 minutes) and it is not recieving any data at all.

IE explorer is acting like it is not connected to the internet when the windows wireless software says i am connected?

I have other computers in the house running off of the wireless router so there are obviously some config issues which i am not aware of that are stopping the laptop connecting to the internet.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED..

Lloyd

addle_brains

Are you sure you're actually connected? You may have to go through some extra authentication. Can you log into your router?

Deepblue

When did this start ?
has this Dell ever been connected to the internet on this network ?

Sounds like you are connecting to the network but do not have a internet connection setup.
I would go to network setup wizard and setup a internet connection.

lloyd

hi.. Yes it has been connected to the internet before but then someone tried to put a password on norton, then another person didn't know that password and then tried to unistall norton..

No, i cannot log onto my router, thats whats confusing me.. The wireless is finding the router tho...

Thank you