Wireless keyboard and its batteries...

thedoors27

The batteries on my wireless keyboard are always running out!

Ive noticed im leaving the num lock on....do you think turning it off will save battery power????

Someone must know what to do :)

thedoors27

Pc line KBC 300, Im going to try with the num lock off so who knows at this point :s

I hope i find something that will work, I want to be able to leave my computer on lol.

i picKed a winna

that's weird. i have a logitech wireless keyboard and the number lock is always on but theres no light on the keyboard itself so you must mean that. anyhow my batteries last for several months probably 7 or 8 and my computer is always on.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I have a Logitech wireless optical mouse and the batteries last at least a month. But Logitech wireless products have a very efficient power saving technique.
I don't know if that PcLine keyboard has something like this or not... (probably not)...

thedoors27

Hmm strange. I cant find no links either, I could'nt when i first seached ages ago, but yes the keyboard has no lights. The batteries deffiinately went because i also tried them in my cd walkman, this mystery will continue to carry on, or i can just buy some rechargable batteries lol.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
If the NumLock, CapsLock, ScrollLock LEDs are on the receiver and not on the keyboard then it makes no difference if they are lit ot not.
The strange thing is that I can't find any info on the net about that keyboard...

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
You mean this one?
827107_01_huge.jpg

I don't think this is it because it has the LEDs on the keyboard...

thedoors27

No its not that one, and the keyboard has no lights, the sensor has one light. Caps lock etc when on can be displayed just above the taskbar.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
lol

I guess you are using a keyboard that doesnt exist...

LOL

actually on that note... I have a new DELL mulimedia keyboard I spent like $50 on it when I got my new Dell 8400

its wireless and other than the fact that I already have a microsoft one.. I would have definelty used it..

Since I have no use for it... I would love to sell it... I think you can check it out on dell's website.. think it is still an add-on for the Dell 8400

thedoors27

Tiny update: i rang the pc support line and the guy said it shouldnt be doing that....i left my computer off last night and the batteries still went!

Went to the shop and got an exchange :)