Wireless mic -> mixer -> PC

wasiu0607

First of all, please pardon my english. I'm trying to connect my dynamic wirelss mic from tv to my PC. This is how it's connected on the tv right now. Mic receiver -> mixer -> TV. I would like to replace the TV with the PC. The mic receiver has no cords connecting to the TV, only to the mixer. The mixer uses the "red/yellow/white" plugs to plug into the tv (The yellow one goes on the dvd karaoke player for video). Therefore i wont be needing the yellow one. Anyways, is there a kind of cable that can connect the "red&white plugs" to the computer? Or how can i set it up? Help would be appreciated. Sry for my english!!!

wasiu0607

I have the Creative Soundblaster soundcard. I think i have a 1/8" jack im not sure it's just like the size of any regular PC.

Currently the 2 RCA plugs are plugged through the VCR on the mixer to the DVD player. THere are also 2 RCA plugs that are connected through the OUT in the mixer to the TV. Which one do i remove if i were to connect the mixer to the PC?

Rich The DJ

Right well first of all, and so we can do a search to find the right connector, the 'red,white and yellow' plugs are called phono plugs. You are indeed right by saying you wont need the yellow, as that is for visual feeds. The red is the right half of the sound signal, with the white being the left. Some soundcards do have direct phono inputs on them, however im guessing you dont. So a very simple and cheep way of connecting them is with a phono to stereo 1/8 jack adaptor, then plug that into your mic socket on your soundcard. So you will have the order of; Wireless mic reciver output > Input on a channel of your mixing desk > phono output of desk > phono to 1/8 jack adaptor > 1/8 jack to your mic input on your soundcard.

Hope that helps
Rich

wasiu0607

Isn't the "red yellow white" plugs called RCA plugs, and the Mic plugs are the Phono plugs? I did a search online and the Phono plug seemed to be the mic plug, and RCA is the White yellow red plug

Since im a bit confused about your method, anyone else that can answer this question, please do so:

Currently the 2 RCA plugs are plugged through the VCR on the mixer to the DVD player. There are also 2 RCA plugs that are connected through the OUT in the mixer to the TV. Which one do i remove if i were to connect the mixer to the PC?

Last edited:

Rich The DJ

Right, yes RCA plugs proper name is a phono name. I presume what you mean by mic plug is a jack.

Ok now im confused, your mixer has a VCR built in? IS this an audio mixer were talking about or a video mixer? In theroy you will have to connect the 2 phono plugs from the output of your mixer to the adaptor, then the adaptor into your computer.

Rich

wasiu0607

Rich The DJ said:
Right, yes RCA plugs proper name is a phono name. I presume what you mean by mic plug is a jack.

Ok now im confused, your mixer has a VCR built in? IS this an audio mixer were talking about or a video mixer? In theroy you will have to connect the 2 phono plugs from the output of your mixer to the adaptor, then the adaptor into your computer.

Rich

Nono it's a Donch mixer. It has many "channels" such as VCR and AUX, as well as an OUT. I am using a RCA plug from the OUT to the TV, and also another RCA plug from the VCR channel to the DVD player. I'm not sure what adapter you're talking about because I do not seem to have an adapter.

edit: it's an audio mixer, I can't seem to find the company name online (Donch) ...

Rich The DJ

Hi again. Ok the adaptor you need is this one. If your amarican try radioshack, im sure they will stock them aswell. As for the make of the mixer i have never herd of the one you have, anyway its not important.

HTH
Rich