Wireless network card problems

jon76

Hi all, just been on a project fixing an old desktop computer I got off a free site that wouldn't power on, I now have it mostly working running xp, since it's upstairs, I've had to install a wireless network card, I know this card works, because it worked fine in my main computer when that was up there, my main computer is running windows 7, when the computer starts, I get the windows has found a new device box, I choose to install from a specific location as I have a driver disk with the network card, it locates the driver on the disk and starts installing it, when it gets to the end, it says there was a problem with installation and gives me an error code 39, I've had no joy looking online for a solution, now since it has no internet, obviously there have been no updates installed, could this be a problem, also, I had no driver disk, the only conflict it cam up with in device manager is the sound, I've left this for now, I've looked for any drivers to do with the motherboard and installed them as well, but still nothing, has any one got any idea's, as I may have to try the brutally attack the computer method quite soon, but I'm not to confident about that method.

jon76

Solved, I installed the pci card after installing xp, so I decided to reformat, it didn't detect the card on start up, but I ran the installation cd and I now have internet, even if the specs on this computer are lower than most phone's, it'll do for some retro gaming upstairs!