Wireless NIC

SlothX311

eh both good, but if i had to pick id just be a fanboy and go with motorola, cause you know they know how to make walkie talkies :p

ChinaRosesZ

I have a belkin wireless PCI card, really bad connection downstairs, sometimes it doesn't even receive connections at all. I decided to buy a USB wireless adapter, then it worked just fine.

The belkin wireless PCI card is now being used upstairs, the status of the connection is now very good. So, I guess belkin just uses a really bad attena or something.

ChinaRosesZ

I personally think they are the same, most of the time just watch where your attena is. USB adapters, you can move them around to get better signals, but pci adapters, they are stuck behind the computers, so..., it's something you might want to consider. I would rather get a USB adapter, their prices are rather decent online.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
cause you know they know how to make walkie talkies
But we also know belkin knows how to make networking stuff .... and networking is better in full-duplex.... ;)

are usb connected ones better? pci bandwidth im sure is bigger than usb ?
Generally no. Almost always no. (provided you're comparing similar products). The PCI bandwidth is ireelevent since 99% of wireless wont even come close to tickling it

S_Doherty

definately no greater badwidth...common misperception because the wireless adapter is not hardwired to the Motherboard....I know you probably dont want to hear the word in here, but I would personally pick up a Microsoft MN-700, very sturdy, reasonably sized antenna, seamless installation.....:)